Hong Kong | Content Team – Editor
The lasercats have a job opening for a full-time editor and writer on the Fast Train Limited editorial team. Join our crew of writers, editors and digital nomads running the world’s favorite Cheapo city guide conglomerate.
Fast Train operates Tokyo Cheapo, Japan Cheapo, London Cheapo, Hong Kong Cheapo, REthink Tokyo—and more coming soon!
Position: Editor for Hong Kong Cheapo
Type: Contract/Freelance, full time or nearly full time
Company: Fast Train Limited
Company Website: https://fasttrain.com
Location: Hong Kong (daily place of work flexible)
Hours of work: Flextime, 30-40 hours/week. You can choose the hours that best suit you.
Compensation: XXXXXXHKD – XXXXXXXHKD base salary
Paid vacation: Statutory pro-rata.
- Writing, copyediting and research
- Editorial planning
- Team management
- Communication with the public—for both article research and handling incoming messages (press releases, event invites, etc.)
- Good with online collaborative tools (Google docs, Asana, Trello)
- Must be comfortable with a modern part-local and part-remote working arrangement
Assets (but not required)
- Knowledge of WordPress, Drupal or other CMS
- Good knowledge of life in Hong Kong
Tasks/responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Assign and edit content for Hong Kong Cheapo
- Write and research compelling articles for Hong Kong Cheapo (and if you have any knowledge Hong Kong Cheapo, Tokyo Cheapo, REthink Tokyo and Japan Cheapo
- Monitor news and trends in travel and real estate related to Hong Kong
- Oversee events section for all sites (may include creating event round-up posts)
- Work with and oversee the writers contributing to your editorial sections
- Respond to emails for your editorial sections
- Prepare for and participate in weekly/monthly content calls
- Integrate tours, tickets and certain other commercial content types to relevant articles
We offer a very flexible working arrangement—you can work from home/the office/Thailand. And you can set your own “office hours” too! After 2 years we’ll add you to the employee bonus/profit share pool. We’ll fly you over to our an annual company retreat usually in Japan, perhaps Thailand or somewhere else with good weather 🙂
Once we’ve shortlisted candidates, we’ll give you 2–3 small paid tasks to assess writing, research and editing. If we like your work, we’ll invite you for an interview by Skype or in person in Hong Kong. We know that applying is a lot of work, so if you’d like, we’re happy to provide detailed feedback.