Tokyo | Sales Team – Account Executive
Interested in the inbound tourism industry and joining a fast growing international company?
Position: Sales Account Executive (2 persons)
Type: Contract, full time
Company: Fast Train Japan Goudougaisha
Location: Akasaka, Tokyo (daily place of work flexible)
Hours of work: Flextime, 40 hours/week. You can choose the hours that best suit you.
Compensation: From 5M yen, depending on performance.
Social insurance: Includes contributions to social insurance (health and pension)
Paid vacation: 10 days per year, incrementing by 1 day on each work anniversary
Sick leave: Up to 5 days/year
- Flexible, international working environment
- Mobile phone and laptop supplied
- Membership to Regus business lounges
- Credit card for expenses
- Secretarial answering service
- Progressive, equal opportunity employer. We support maternity/paternity leave
- Employees rewarded on merit
- Bonus available after three years of employment
Fast Train Japan runs inbound tourism websites Tokyo Cheapo and Japan Cheapo. Established in 2012, Tokyo Cheapo is already the most popular English language website about Tokyo and one of the fastest growing English language websites in Japan.
Besides our sites in Japan, we also have team members in 8 different countries working on sites such as London Cheapo and Hong Kong Cheapo.
As a leading resource for inbound tourists looking for information about Tokyo, we connect information hungry visitors with local businesses. Our sites also have a big influence on foreign residents in Japan. For many, our sites are the go-to sites on what to do and how to make buying decisions.
This is a great opportunity for a salesperson who wants to build their career in the fast growing inbound tourism sector.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Generate and follow-up leads
- Call previous and potential advertisers by phone
- Meet clients to discuss their needs (approximately 3 meetings per day)
- Enter activity into an online CRM system
- Write proposals
- Book campaigns
- Have relevant sales experience
- Speak fluent Japanese
- Be self motivated
- Have an appropriate visa
- Be well organised
- Be adaptable and ready to learn
The following are desirable:
- Speak English
- Can use online CRMs and task management software
- Experience with doing business in Japan
If we think you might be suitable from your application, you will be invited to our office in Akasaka for an interview. If you pass the first interview, you will be invited back for a second interview. The successful candidates will receive an invitation to sign an employment contract with Fast Train Japan.