YouTube Video Producer, Tokyo, Part-time or Full-time
We’re looking for a youtuber to join the cheapo team, blow the dust off our YT channel and create reels for our social media.
Type: Part-time or Full-time
Location: Tokyo remote
Hours: Flexible – You decide when you work, due dates must be met though
Remuneration: ¥250,000 – ¥300,000 / month (pro-rata if part-time, so halftime = half this rate)
We’re ultimately looking for someone to join the team full-time, but are open to people starting part-time.
- Develop topics we have planned and/or come up with your own video ideas for our video channel
- Film, edit, and produce videos for our YouTube channel
- Repurposing and editing video content for social media “reels”
- (Optional) Video Narration
- Periodic meetings/conference calls with the content team to plan future video topics
- Camera work and video production
- Video editing and post production, suitable for YouTube
- Have already created your own existing YouTube channel and published videos (subscriber count not a factor)
- Self motivated and good with a high degree of autonomy
- Okay being in front of the camera
Who would this position suit?
This position would really suit a creative who loves exploring Tokyo/Japan and is happy interacting with locals.
Although we said “Tokyo remote”, this just means you don’t have to work in an office. You still need to (already) live permanently in Greater Tokyo though.
As the pandemic disruption fades and tourism resumes, there will be opportunities throughout the year for sponsored trips and activities around Tokyo and Japan. In the past year, our writers were sent on tourism trips—where travel, accommodation and food costs were all covered—to places like Okinawa, Yamaguchi and Hiroshima. On these trips, writers have enjoyed activities like local food and culture tours, hiking, brewery tours, cave explorations, kayaking and more!
More Info And How To Apply
For more about the company and our work style, please see our careers page.
To apply, please complete this application form. If we’re impressed by your application, we’ll be in touch to talk further, and might ask you to do a paid practice assignment.