Business Development Assistant
|Position:||Business Development Assistant|
|Type:||Contract, full time|
|Start:||Immediate (August, 2023)|
|Company:||Fast Train Japan Goudougaisha|
|Location:||Akasaka, Tokyo (daily place of work flexible)|
|Hours of work:||40 hours/week, flexitime|
|Compensation:||JPY300,000 to JPY450,000 depending on
|Social insurance:||Includes contributions to social insurance (health and pension)|
|Paid vacation:||10 days per year, incrementing by 1 day on each work anniversary|
|Sick leave:||Up to 9 days/year|
Fast Train Japan runs inbound tourism websites Tokyo Cheapo and Japan Cheapo. Established in 2012, Tokyo Cheapo is the most popular English language website about Tokyo and one of the fastest growing English language websites in Japan. Each month more than 1 million unique users visit our websites.
Besides our sites in Japan, we also have team members in 7 different countries working on sites such as London Cheapo and Hong Kong Cheapo.
As a leading resource for inbound tourists looking for information about Tokyo, we connect information hungry visitors with local and international businesses. Our sites also have a big influence on foreign residents in Japan. For many, our properties are the go-to sources on what to do and how to make buying decisions.
This is a great opportunity for someone with some practical sales support or marketing experience to move up in their career.
- Handling and converting inbound inquiries
- Helping onboard clients to our products/services
- Working with management to improve and develop new products/services
- Marketing activities
- Building long term relationships with leading companies in our industry
- Native level Japanese
- Business level English
- 2 years or more working in a sales support, marketing, or business development related role
- Must be based in greater Tokyo area or willing to move
- Confident with CRMs and business sales tools
- Permission to work in Japan
- Flexible, international working environment
- Mobile phone and laptop supplied
- Work from home
- Membership to a coworking space
- Credit card for expenses
- Equal opportunity employer. We support maternity/paternity leave
- Employees rewarded on merit
- Bonus available after one year of employment
Who would this position suit?
This position would suit someone with experience of working in a Japanese organisation, who is interested in switching to a more flexible, international environment. If you want to shape your own work and make a real difference at a growing SME, this is your chance.
Please go to this application link and provide the information requested.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a questionnaire. Depending on your answers, the next step will be to schedule an interview with the directors of the company.